Wednesday, March 26, 2008

EASTER '08 set list

Okay, Easter was fun. We had over 18,000 people - no idea where they all come from. At the end of the service, I was very tempted to say "Thanks for coming today - see you next Easter!" But I didn't. 

We had Christian artist Daniel Kirkley with us, along with 18 strings from the Ft. Worth Symphony. Great videos, great graphics, great testimonies, great message. Our brand new campus in Garland (Firewheel campus - meeting 4 weeks now) had over 1800 in attendance. I have yet to hear the stats on decisions made, but I'm sure it was a good number. 

I don't mean to talk so much about numbers, but every one of those numbers is a person, and about half of them are completely unchurched. So, I'm not really feeling apologetic for being happy about the large numbers. It's totally by the grace of God that they keep showing up - not because we're so cool or anything... because we're not. But it's awesome to be a part of the great stuff that God is doing around here.

We do work hard at it, though, and if you want to see some of the videos, you can go here.

Anyway - set list...

Pre-Service:
Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve)
Here Comes the Sun (Beatles)

Worship:
Happy Day (Tim Hughes)
Everlasting God (Brenton Brown)

Solos:
My New Dawn (Daniel Kirkley)
I Know Now (Bebo Norman)
Lay it Down (Daniel Kirkley)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easter was awesome! It was great working on it with you! Wish I'd gotten a chance to see it at Rockwall, I heard you and Steve knocked it out of the park!

Add to Technorati Favorites